This guide supports faculty, staff, students, and guests by providing information about the Fanshawe College archives and research activities pertaining to our documented history.
Our resources are open to all for the purposes of research, teaching, publication, and general interest.
What are the Fanshawe College Archives and why are they important?
- They serve as the college’s institutional memory and illustrate its history, growth and development
- We collect and preserve historical, legal, fiscal, administrative, promotional and permanently valuable records
- We provide access to and promote the use of these records
- We offer support and services for a College-wide records management program
Available for Research:
- Library and Media Services
- Board of Governors
- Corporate Communications
- Office of the Registrar
- Faculty of Regional and Continuing Education
- Advancement and Alumni
- Photographs and posters
- Meeting minutes
- Course calendars and catalogues
- Video / Audio
- Master plans
- and more…
AToM: Access to Memory: Browse our Archival Collections
Donating or Transferring Materials to the Archives:
Fanshawe College Archives collects materials internally from all departments within the college, alumni, and industry partners closely affiliated with Fanshawe.
- Departmental Archives Guide
- Donation Form (for alumni or community partners)
- Transfer Form (for departments within Fanshawe College)
Resources & Links
- Archives Association of Ontario
- the AAO fosters a community of information specialists by representing and serving archives and records professionals.
- Archeion brings together information about archives held by organizations all over Ontario. Search Archeion to find records of business, individuals, families and organizations from all periods of time in the province’s history.
- Definitions of Archival Terms