Copyright Services Guide
This guide is intended to support Fanshawe faculty by providing a brief overview of copyright relating to coursepacks, FOL, and the classroom. For specific information, please contact the Copyright Services Office listed below.
Winter 2019 Clearance Requests for Content can be submitted. Please note a minimum of two weeks for screening, clearing, and production of print or digital coursepacks may be required. Click here for more information.
Contact the Copyright Services Office:
Copyright for Students
Copyright in the Classroom
Resources & Links
Copyright Management System
- Copyright Management System (direct link)
- About the Copyright Management System
- Submission Instructions by Item Type
- Coursepacks & Faculty-Created Manuals
(What are they & How are they different?)
- Coursepack Submission Process
- Faculty-Created Manual Submission Process
Copyright & FOL
The information on this website is informed by the following:
- The Copyright Act,
- Case Law, decisions from the Supreme Court of Canada in copyright-related cases, and
- Fanshawe College Policy A204: Copyright – Addendum Standard 1: Fair Dealing Guidelines
The Copyright Management System can be accessed at https://copyright.fanshawec.ca Clearance Requests for Content to be used during the Fall 2017 term can be submitted. More information is available here.