Please note that all CCR workshops are cancelled during the faculty strike. The library is open for regular hours of operation and we welcome students to come in and see us. Keep checking our Twitter and Facebook pages for other activities hosted by Library & Media Services.
Enhance your Research Skills & score a Co-Curricular Record Credit!
Note: All workshops are located in the 3rd Floor Alcove of the Library (L1003). Please see signage for directions.
Are you Faculty or Support Staff? Check for Faculty & Support Staff workshops!
- What: Includes pre-search, concept mapping, consulting experts and concluding a search
- When: Tuesday, Sept. 12 / 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm OR Thursday, Sept. 14/ 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Searching Library Resources:
- What: Includes: searching the library catalog; searching for streaming media, eJournals, discovery service, statistics and more!
- When: Tuesday, Sept. 19 / 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm OR Wednesday, Sept. 20 / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Introductory Database Searching
- What: Learn the basics of searching the library’s databases
- When: Monday, Sept. 25 / 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm OR Thursday, Sept. 28 / 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Discipline-Specific Research: Specific to Nursing & Health Sciences Students
- What: Learn about resources and research processes unique to this field of study; includes grey literature, peer-review process, open access resources and health-related statistics
- When: Wednesday, Nov. 8 / 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Enhanced Database Searching
- What: Once you know the basics, come back to learn more advanced techniques!
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 3 / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
APA Citation & Documentation
- What: Learn to cite & document sources correctly using APA style guidelines
- When: Wednesday, Oct. 4 / 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm OR Tuesday, Oct. 17 / 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Click to Register for October 17
Selecting & Evaluating Information Sources
- What: Includes discussion of different types of information sources e.g. articles, websites, books, primary vs. secondary; discuss the ‘parts’ of each source type e.g. abstract, bibliography, etc.
- When: Monday, Oct. 23 / 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm OR Wednesday, Oct. 25 / 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Click to Register for October 25
MLA Citation & Documentation
- What: Learn to cite & document sources correctly using MLA style guidelines
- When: Thursday, Oct. 19/ 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Scholarly Communication: Bias and Social Media
- What: Learn how to evaluate the content of what you read; become a critical reader
- When: Tuesday, Nov. 21 / 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Academic Integrity Fundamentals
- What: Find out how to comply with academic integrity principles and avoid plagiarism & associated penalties
- When: Monday, Sept. 11 / 10:00 am to 12:00 pm OR Thursday, Nov. 2 / 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Click to Register for November 2
- What: Join a Research & Curriculum Librarian and Fanshawe’s Copyright Services Officer to learn what you need to know to adhere to copyright
- When: Wednesday, November 1 / 10:00 am to 12:00 pm