Access Services FAQs
I forgot my student card. Can I still check out a book?
- Yes, you can. Photo ID such as a driver’s license, health card, or passport can be used.
I need to pay a library fine.
- You can pay a library fine at the library using cash, credit, debit or by using flex funds from your student card or flex (print) card. You can also pay your fine at the Office of the Registrar.
I need to return books but the library is closed.
- There is a book drop located outside the main library entrance where books can be dropped off after hours.
What is a reserve?
- Reserve items are books, book chapters, articles, and other materials that have a limited loan period. Instructors select either 2 hours, 1 day, or 3-days.
I have lost personal property in the library.
- If you have lost personal items in the library, they are turned over to the Security Control Centre located in D1027 once every hour during operational hours only.
Have you received an overdue item notice?
- Once a book is 7 days overdue, an overdue notice is sent to you via email as a reminder to return the book as soon as possible.
Have you received a lost item notice?
- Once a book has been overdue for 30 days, a lost item notice is sent to you via email as a reminder to return the book as soon as possible. A charge of $80.00 has been added to your library records. Once the book has been returned, this amount will be adjusted to an overdue fine. If the item is not returned a replacement charge of $30.00 and a processing fee of $5.00 will be added.
A block has been placed on my library account. What does this mean?
- If a block has been placed on your library account, it means that you have a book overdue or you have unpaid fines totaling $5.00 or more. The block will be removed when the book is returned & the fine isn’t over $5.00 or if you pay your fine total to below $5.00.