We’re sorry, but requests for books cannot be processed at this time.
We are currently able to request eJournal articles and an eBook chapter if licensing permits.
Can’t find what you’re looking for at the Fanshawe Library? Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service is a standard service provided by most libraries to their patrons. By using ILL, libraries borrow material that they do not own from another library. There is no charge for ILL book lending and article requests.
Also, did you know we have a Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement with other Ontario colleges? Simply show your FANcard at any participating Ontario college library to borrow materials in person.
How do I request ILL materials?
ILL requests can be made online using the online request form below. Before requesting an item, please check the Library Catalogue to be sure that the item is not available in the Fanshawe College Library.
Online by filling out an Inter-Library Loan (ILL) Request Form
Email us (general inquiries only) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is eligible to use the ILL service?
- The ILL service is available for Fanshawe College students, faculty, and staff.
How long does it take?
- It may take up to two weeks or more for a book to arrive. It depends on the library’s location from which the book is being sent. eJournal articles and eBook chapters may take up to one week or more to arrive (but typically take less than one week). We cannot guarantee that the requested item will arrive before a specific date.
How will I be notified when the material arrives?
- You will be notified by email.
Where do I pick up the materials and then return it?
- You may pick up and return ILL materials at the Access Services desk. eJournal articles and eBook chapters will be emailed to you. Some licensing agreements restrict the delivery of articles in an electronic format, in which case a print copy will be made available for pick up.
How long is the loan period?
- Loan periods and renewals are up to the lending library. The due date will be clearly visible on the book. Please note that the book may be subject to being recalled by the library.
Can I renew ILL books?
- If you require a renewal, please email email@example.com, or call 519-452-4236 at least two weekdays before the due date. Permission to renew is granted by the lending library. If an item cannot be renewed, it will be stated in the notification email and on the book.
What if I am late returning ILL books?
- ILL books that are 1 day overdue are declared lost and are billed for replacement. Library borrowing privileges are suspended until the book is returned, or the bill is paid.
What if I lose or damage the ILL materials?
- You are financially responsible for any damage or loss of ILL materials. Replacement costs will be determined by the lending library depending on their local policies.