Interested in 3D Printing?
Current Fanshawe students, staff, and faculty in good standing are able to submit 3D files to staff to be printed. Only trained staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
3D files will be printed using a Prusa MK3S. Unless specified otherwise, we will use PLA filament. PLA (polylactic acid) is a non-toxic, biodegradable, plant-based material.
- Find 3D files online:
- Create your own files online using Tinkercad or CAD software of your choice.
- Email print jobs to our team at: email@example.com
- Include your preferred colour.
- Include the URL for the design, if the design was obtained from a website.
- Files received will be loaded into Prusa slicer software.
- .STL, .OBJ, 3MF, .STEP files are preferred.
- No GCODE files will be accepted.
3D Printing Guidelines
- All users are limited to submitting one print job per week.
- The maximum print time is 24 hours.
- The maximum print size is 250 mm x 210 mm x 210 mm (9.84 x 8.3 x 8.3 in.).
- Jobs will be printed from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. only.
- You will be contacted by email once your job is ready.
- All completed print jobs must be picked up within 14 days of notice.
The Fine Print
- Successful printing is not guaranteed.
- Turnaround time is generally within 7 business days but is not guaranteed.
- All print jobs will be photographed by our staff.
Every print request will be reviewed by staff
Print jobs will not be printed if they:
- Violate local, provincial, or federal law.
- Are dangerous, offensive, explicit, or inappropriate for a college environment.
- Violate intellectual property rights.
- Are printed for commercial use.
Questions about 3D printing?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org