Note: 3D Printing Temporarily Unavailable
Interested in 3D Printing?
Current Fanshawe students, staff, and faculty in good standing are able to submit 3D files to library staff to be printed. Only trained Library staff will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
3D files will be printed using the Library’s Monoprice Voxel 3D Printer and PLA filament. PLA (polylactic acid) is a non-toxic, biodegradable, plant-based material.
- Find 3D files online:
- Create your own files online using Tinkercad
- Email print jobs to Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your preferred colour (red, white, or grey)
- Include the URL for the design
- Files received will be loaded into Flashprint slicer software by library staff
- Only .STL and .OBJ files will be printed
3D Printing Guidelines
- All users are limited to submitting one print job per week.
- The maximum print time is 6 hours.
- The maximum print size is 150 mm x 150 mm x 150 mm.
- Jobs will be printed from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. only.
- You will be contacted by email once your job is ready.
- All completed print jobs must be picked up within 14 days of notice.
The Fine Print
- Successful printing is not guaranteed.
- Any failed print jobs due to printer error will be restarted.
- Turnaround time is generally within 7 business days, but is not guaranteed.
- All print jobs will be photographed by Library staff.
Every print request will be reviewed by Library staff
Print jobs will not be printed if they:
- Violate local, provincial, or federal law.
- Are dangerous, offensive, explicit, or inappropriate for a college environment.
- Violate intellectual property rights.
- Are printed for commercial use.
Questions about 3D printing?
Email Matt Plumb at email@example.com