This guide supports faculty, staff, students, and guests by providing information about the Fanshawe College archives and research activities pertaining to our documented history.
Our resources are open to all for the purposes of research, teaching, publication, and general interest.
08/25/2022: New Collections Added
- Newspaper clippings and advertisements from local newspapers pertaining to courses and programs at the St. Thomas/Elgin Regional Campus in the 1970s and 80s.
- Course calendars – full, mini, and continuing education for adults.
- Fanshawe College Facts – 40+ years of reference booklets containing factual information describing Fanshawe College, its students, staff, alumni, and operations.
New Collections Added
- Fanshawe Student Union, School of Design, A.M. Cuddy Gardens, Office of the Ombuds, City of London, Faculty of Access, Language and Regional Campuses, Counselling & Accessibility Services, Colleges Ontario
What are the Fanshawe College Archives and why are they important?
- They serve as the college’s institutional memory and illustrate its history, growth and development
- We collect and preserve historical, legal, fiscal, administrative, promotional and permanently valuable records
- We provide access to and promote the use of these records
- We offer support and services for a College-wide records management program
Available for Research
- Library and Media Services
- Board of Governors
- Corporate Communications
- Office of the Registrar
- Faculty of Regional and Continuing Education
- Advancement and Alumni
- Photographs and posters
- Meeting minutes
- Course calendars and catalogues
- Video / Audio
- Master plans
- and more…
Donating or Transferring Materials to the Archives
Fanshawe College Archives collects materials internally from all departments within the college, alumni, and industry partners closely affiliated with Fanshawe.
- Departmental Archives Guide
- Donation Form (for alumni or community partners)
- Transfer Form (for departments within Fanshawe College)
Resources & Links
- Archives Association of Ontario
- the AAO fosters a community of information specialists by representing and serving archives and records professionals.
- Archeion brings together information about archives held by organizations all over Ontario. Search Archeion to find records of businesses, individuals, families and organizations from all periods of time in the province’s history.
- Definitions of Archival Terms
Contact the Archivist