How to Borrow
Students, staff, and faculty may borrow items (e.g., books, video games, movies, calculators, etc.) for free using their FANcard.
Most loans are for 21 days and may automatically renew up to 3 times. See Loan Policies for more details.
How to Find Resources
- Search for the item on Page 1+ and apply the ‘Held by Library’ filter on the search results page.
- You may also set the Resource Type to your required source type on the results page.
Looking for an item the LLC does not have? Get the item for free through Interlibrary Loans.
Borrowing, Renewing Items, and More
You may borrow items and access digital resources if you are a student, staff, or faculty member at Fanshawe College. Your FANcard or staff identification also acts as your library card.
Community members and Fanshawe Alumni are able to access library resources.
Please visit our desk in F1066 or email us at email@example.com to register for your free Guest Borrower card. A card will be issued upon presentation of identification.
While at the library, guests may:
- Use most facilities and services
- Search the library catalogue
- Browse most collections
- Check out most items with your free Guest Borrower card
Sign in to your My Library Account using your FanshaweOnline username and password to:
- View your current loans and requests
- Renew your loans
- Create new requests for books and other resources
Placing a request on an item reserves that item for you.
To place a request:
- Search for the item in Page 1+ and apply the ‘Held by Library’ filter.
- Click on the title of the item to view the full record.
- Under ‘Get It’, you will be required to sign into your Library Account. Your sign-in will be your FanshaweOnline username and password.
- Once you are logged in, select ‘Request’
- The request will be submitted to LLC staff. Once the item is ready, it will be placed on the Hold Shelf and you will receive an email that your item is ready for pick up in F1066
Please note: all requests must be picked up from the Hold Shelf within 7 days.
Renewing an item extends the length of time you can borrow that item. Most items may automatically renew up to 3 times if there are no holds on the material.
Items may be renewed by:
- Logging in to your My Library Account with your FanshaweOnline username and password. Select the item you have on loan that you would like to renew and select renew.
- Visiting the LLC in F1066 and speaking with a staff member at the desk.
Any physical library items can be returned to the main desk in F1066 or to the book drop on the back wall within the collection room. The collection room may be accessed beyond staffed hours with your FANcard.
Please do not return items that have been signed-out to the collection room shelves or book cart.