Items placed on Course Reserve by a faculty member can be found at the Library Learning Commons desk. Please see staff for assistance and to borrow a Reserve item.
What are Course Reserves?
- Course Reserves allow instructors to distribute supplementary reading materials while following copyright requirements
- Shorter loan periods enable fair and equal access to high-demand materials
- Loan periods for all reserves are 5 hours
- Up to 3 reserves may be checked out at the same time
How to find Course Reserves
- Search for course reserve in Page 1+ (select the filter for ‘Held by Library’ under ‘Availability’)
- Find the call number (one of two formats)
- Regular call number, e.g., HM716 .B56 2005
- Reserves call number, e.g., XB0103
- At the Library Learning Commons desk, give staff this unique call number to locate the item
- Use your FANcard to borrow the Course Reserve (loan period specified on the item)
Course Reserves that are 7 days overdue are declared lost and are billed for replacement. Items declared lost are invoiced a $125 default replacement charge.
For more information regarding charges and policies, visit the Library Learning Commons’ Loan Policies page.