Items placed on Course Reserve by a faculty member can be found at the Library Learning Commons desk. Please see staff for assistance and to borrow a Reserve item.
What are Course Reserves?
- Course Reserves allow instructors to distribute supplementary reading materials while following copyright requirements
- Shorter loan periods enable fair and equal access to high demand materials
- Loan periods for all reserves are 5 hours
- Up to 3 reserves may be checked out at the same time
How to find Course Reserves
- Use this Reserve Desk shortcut, then look up items by instructor name, course number, or course name
- Find the call number (one of two formats)
- Regular call number, e.g. HM716 .B56 2005
- Reserves call number, e.g. XB0103
- At the Library Learning Commons desk, give staff this unique call number to locate the item
- Use your FANcard to borrow the Course Reserve (loan period specified on the item)
(Alternatively, open the Library Catalogue and click “Reserve Desk” in the header at the top of the page)
Course Reserves that are 7 days overdue are declared lost and are billed for replacement. Items declared lost are invoiced according to the following charges per item:
• $125 default replacement charge
For more information regarding charges and policies, visit the Library Learning Commons’ Loan Policies page.