In-Library Holds Pickup
Step 1: Place a Hold / Request an Item
- To place a hold online for a book, DVD, Blu-ray, or video game, login to your library account in the upper-right corner of our Online Catalogue.
- If you have not placed a hold before, follow this step-by-step guide, OR check out our instructional video below!
- Your online account allows you to place holds and view current checkouts and due dates.
You need a FANCard or Guest Borrower card to access your library account for both online and in-person services.
If you have any difficulties, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Step 2: Pick Up Your Items
- You will receive an email when your item is ready for pickup. Please make sure your email address in WebAdvisor is up to date and we will contact you to schedule your pickup time.
- Fill out the Covid-19 screening form on the date of your arrival
- Come to the Library Learning Commons, F1066 doors to pick up your items at the scheduled time.
- Show our staff your proof of completed Covid-19 screening and wear a mask.
- You will need to show your FANcard or government issued photo ID to pickup your item.
If you would like someone else to pick up your items for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org to make special arrangements.
If an item is not picked up within 5 weekdays of notification, the hold will be released back into the stacks or will fill the next hold request.
Returning Your Items
- Items can only be returned by scheduled appointment at this time. Please email email@example.com to arrange your item drop-off.
- All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before going back into the stacks or to the next hold request, therefore delays may occur.