In-Library Holds Pickup
Step 1: Place a Hold / Request an Item
- To place a hold online for a book, DVD, Blu-ray, or video game, simply follow these steps:
- Find the item in our Online Catalogue
- Click the ‘Place Hold’ link then login using your Fanshawe username and password.
- Click the red ‘Place Hold’ button and you’re done!
- My Account allows you to edit holds and review current checkouts and due dates.
Check out our Placing Holds video below.
You need a FANCard to access your library account for both online and in-person services.
If you have any difficulties, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Step 2: Pick Up Your Items
- You will receive an email when your item is ready for pickup. Please make sure your email address in WebAdvisor is up to date and we will contact you to schedule your item pickup appointment (available Monday to Friday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.).
- Fill out the Covid-19 screening form on the date of your arrival
- Come to the Library Learning Commons to pick up your items at your scheduled appointment time.
- Show our staff your proof of completed Covid-19 screening and wear a mask.
- You will need to show your FANcard or government issued photo ID to pickup your item.
If you would like someone else to pick up your items for you, email email@example.com to make special arrangements.
If an item is not picked up within 5 weekdays of email notification, the hold will be released back into the stacks or will fill the next hold request.
Returning Your Items
- Items can only be returned by appointment at this time. There is no after-hours drop box available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop-off appointment.
- All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before going back into the stacks or to the next hold request, therefore delays may occur.