Online Streaming Video
Fanshawe College username & password may be required for some video sources:
- Academic Video Online delivers more than 67,000 titles spanning the widest range of subject areas including anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more. AVON includes documentaries, interviews, performances, news programs and newsreels, field recordings, commercials, and raw footage. Patrons will find thousands of award-winning films, including Academy, Emmy, and Peabody winners.
- Audio Cine Films Inc. offers exclusive access to studios such as: Walt Disney Pictures, Disney Nature, Hollywood Pictures, Touchstone Pictures, Buena Vista Pictures Distribution, Pixar Animated Studios, Orion Pictures, United Artists, MGM Studios, Polygram Filmed Entertainment, Universal (MCA) Studios among many others. PLEASE NOTE: ACF works best in Google Chrome. Other browsers may experience a delay in accessing content.
- Criterion on Demand is “an on-line digital delivery feature film platform” which “provides easy access to educationally relevant feature films used in Canadian Higher Education Institutions.” PLEASE NOTE: Microsoft Silverlight player is required to view films in most browsers, with the exception of Chrome.
- “Curio.ca is CBC and Radio-Canada’s online streaming service for high-quality, Canadian digital learning resources in English and French”
- “DocuSeek streams independent, social-issue and environmental films, providing access to content from renowned leaders in documentary film distribution.” PLEASE NOTE: For a list of available films, please select “My Movies” from the upper right hand corner.
- “Ed.flicks is a collection of high quality childhood education training videos covering topics such as child development, challenging behaviors, childhood obesity and caring for infants & toddlers”
- Have you ever wondered what the First Nations Centre offers students at Fanshawe College? Check out some of their videos to learn more about them!
- Film Platform serves as a bridge between academia and documentary film, bringing students and professors the most relevant and highly regarded films from the festival circuit.
- Access a growing collection of videos.
- “This collection is designed to help nursing students excel in their studies and to prepare them for long-term job success in an increasingly complex health care system. Also, the collection features videos covering nursing skills, patient care, nursing foundations and diseases, disorders & disabilities.”
- The Indigenous Collective is an ongoing video series that collaborates with Indigenous artists, musicians, performers, and storytellers in order to celebrate their creativity and vibrancy of life!
- Access a growing collection of award-winning documentaries, classic feature films, and Mosby’s Nursing Skills Videos
- Develop your software, business, technology, and creative skills with videos and courses taught by industry experts. Covers Microsoft Office, Photoshop, computer programming, job skills, and so much more!
- Access a continually growing collection of fantastic programs from award winning producers, including the BBC and Films Media Group. McIntyre is one of the most highly respected companies in the educational media market in Canada.
- Access streaming videos from various producers including: BBC, Bullfrog Films, Canadian Productions & Video Project Releases.
- “With live-action demonstrations of standard procedures performed by actual nursing assistants, each video demonstrates how to perform a specific skill in a step-by-step format, according to the most current nurse assisting practice.”
Mosby’s Nursing Skills Videos
- Mosby’s Nursing Skills – Basic Collection
- Mosby’s Nursing Skills – Intermediate Collection
- Mosby’s Nursing Skills – Advanced Collection
- Learn how to correctly perform basic nursing procedures with these interactive, engaging videos. Clear, step-by-step demonstrations of key nursing procedures present the skills you need for confident performance in labs and clinicals.
- “The videos in this collection were created as part of an Aboriginal Awareness course offered through NAIT, and they explore the immense wisdom, experiences, and history of Aboriginal peoples. The wisdom of the Elders expressed in these beautiful videos is invaluable, and for that reason they have now been made more widely available. They are licensed with a Creative Commons BY 4.0 license – please enjoy and share.”
- “The best Canadian destination for point-of-view documentaries, animation films, interactive projects and Canadian films.”