OER Design Studio
Open Educational Resources Home / OER Design Studio
The Fanshawe OER Design Studio provides support to faculty and staff looking to adopt or create open educational resources (OERs) to be used by students in Fanshawe courses and programs.
What are OERs?
OERs are teaching and learning materials that are provided openly and without cost to students.
OERs can take the form of open textbooks, open courses, learning modules, digital learning objects, open-access journals, streaming videos, and more.
What We Do
The OER Design Studio provides the following supports:
- Research assistance
- Copyright compliance
- Graphic design and multimedia creation
- Instructional design
Interested in Creating or Adopting an OER?
Check out the OER Design Studio Incubator Process (PDF) and follow the steps below to get started.
OER Design Studio Team
Melanie Mitchell Sparkes
Instructional Design Student
- Salma Habib, Graphic Design & Instructional Design Student
- Davendra Earle, Copyeditor Student
- Hadeel Abuhajer, Computer Programming Student
- David Geisbrecht, Instructional Design Student
- Alyssa Giles, Graphic Design Student
- Fere Zohari, Instructional & Graphic Design Student
- Aman Kaur, Instructional Design Student
- Liya Joseph, Work Study Student
- Megan Tuckey, Graphic Design Student
- Lauren Rowe, Graphic Design Student
- M.J. Idzerda, Photography Student
- Lavish Asija, Instructional Design Student
- Megan Anderson, Librarian
- Jennifer Ayers, Reference Specialist
- Carlie Forsythe, Data & Reference Specialist
- Nicole Frey, Outreach Specialist
- Alexandra Hawkins, Outreach Specialist
- Emmalyn Latigay, Reference Specialist
- Paula Parlette, Librarian
- Wilson Poulter, Copyright Services Officer
- Mary Ryan, Reference Specialist
- Meaghan Shannon, Manager Academic Integrity