Canadian Government Sources
Free tabular data on Canada’s economy, land, people and government. Includes summary statistics; Community Profiles; analytic articles; and the products catalogue
Census of Canada
Browsable by topic or geography. Includes reference maps. For more detailed links, see the ‘Canadian Census’ tab above
Open Government Portal
The Government of Canada produces and acquires health, environment, agriculture, and natural resources data. This website provides access to data published by individual departments and agencies in one place.
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Ontario Open Data – Provides links to a variety of statistical resources. Note: If data is “Restricted”, you may be able to access it using Odesi.
- Government of Ontario – Search for statistics on specific topics.
- Ontario Ministry of Finance – Ontario demographic data, including population projections. Multiple fact sheets using the latest census data.
- Prince Edward Island (PDF)
- Census Profiles for municipalities
- London – Local Statistics
- London Census Data
- Toronto – Demographic Information
- Ottawa – Statistics