- Budhai, S. S., & Williams, M. (2016). Teaching presence in online courses: Practical applications, co-facilitation, and technology integration. Journal of Effective Teaching, 16(3), 76-84.
- Geier, D. (2013). Cultural differences and the online classroom. Journal of Interdisciplinary Collaboration, 1(1), 29+.
- Gillett-Swan, J. (2017). The challenges of online learning: Supporting and engaging the isolated learner. Journal of Learning Design, 10(1), 20-30.
- Goldsmith, L. (2014). Digital feedback: An integral part of the online classroom. Distance Learning, 11(2), 33-40. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1549917627?accountid=39340
- Gustafson, K.Y. (2015). Assessment of self-directed learning in an online context in the community college setting. California State University Scholar Works.
- James, S., Swan, K., & Daston, C. (2016). Retention, progression and the taking of online courses. Online Learning, 20(2), 75-96.
- Keengwe, J. & Schnellert, G. (2012). Fostering interaction to enhance learning in online learning environments.International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Education (IJICTE), 8(3). 28-35. doi: 10.4018/jicte.2012070104.
- Kerton, C., & Cervato, C. (2014). Assessment in online learning – it’s a matter of time. Journal of College Science Teaching, 43(4), 20-25.
- Martin, F., Ahlgrim-Delzell, L., & Budhrani, K. (2017). Systematic review of two decades (1995 to 2014) of research on synchronous online learning. American Journal of Distance Education, 31(1), 3-19.
- Strycker, J. (2016). Logic models as a way to support online students and their projects. Journal of Educators Online, 13(2), 135-150.
- Thanaraj, A. (2016). Making a transition: The development of academics’ role and identity in online teaching. Practitioner Research in Higher Education, 10(2), 40-53.
- Tobin, T.J. (2014). Increase online student retention with universal design for learning. Quarterly Review of Distance Education. 15(3), 13-24.
- Zhan, Z., & Fong, P.S.W.(2015). Sustainability education in Massive Open Online Courses: A content analysis approach.Sustainability Approaches in Education. 7(3), 2274-2300.