XR (Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality)
Welcome to Virtual Reality (VR) in the Library Learning Commons!
The Fanshawe College community can try our Meta Quest 2 Virtual reality gaming equipment.
Virtual Reality Hours
Virtual reality (VR) can be accessed on a drop-in basis at the Library Learning Commons (F1066) during the specified hours*:
|9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
|1 p.m. – 6 p.m.
|8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
|9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
* Please note that hours and location are subject to change due to special events.
Our collection of games and applications constantly expands, providing our users a diverse range of options.
Rules & Guidelines
Most players should be able to use the VR equipment, including those who wear glasses.
- Players are required to take a 10-15 minute break following 30 minutes of play.
- Players are expected to follow the instructions of staff at all times while using the VR equipment.
- Players are required to remain in the designated area at all times while using VR equipment.
- Players and spectators must adhere to Fanshawe College’s Code of Conduct at all times.
Frequently Asked Questions
- VR gaming equipment is not recommended for children under the age of 13.
- Players who have pre-existing medical conditions, such as seizures or implanted medical devices should consult their doctor before using VR equipment.
- Players who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to use the VR equipment.
No, VR equipment is not available for borrowing at this time. It is only available for use on campus in the designated spaces and times under staff supervision.
Yes. However, spectators are to remain outside of the designated area and are not to touch players while they are using VR equipment. Spectators are expected to follow the instructions of staff at all times to ensure their safety and the safety of others around them.
Juan Fernando Berrazueta Subia